Why the Sign Industry?
- Multi Billion Dollar Industry (estimates vary from $8B-$11B depending on source)
- The sign industry is a business to business (B2B) service. Sign and graphics companies overwhelmingly serve other business clients rather than individual retail consumers.
- The customer is typically a professional individual in a management, administrative, or ownership position within the business they represent.
- Business hours are typically along the lines of 8:30 am to 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday.
- Many sign companies are located in a retail location for easy access and high visibility, and yet are providing a business to business service with non-retail hours.
- The industry continues to adapt to new technology, yet ownership isn’t required to have highly technical expertise
- Multiple industry organizations provide significant resources for training and ongoing education.
- The industry has historically weathered down markets or recessions quite well.
- Signs and graphics are a “need” for businesses, not a luxury or indispensable expense.
- Highly fragmented industry – no one dominant company within the industry, allowing independents and franchises alike to succeed in various markets across the country!
Estimated 30,684 businesses in the industry (Standard industrial classification code 3993) within the United States.
Of the 30,684, 99% are privately owned businesses
Of the 30,684, 89% produce less than $2.5M in annual sales
Of the 30,684, over 52% have been in business for more than 13 years
(the above stats provided by InfoUSA)
- EVERY BUSINESS OF EVERY TYPE REQUIRES SOME TYPE OF SIGNAGE!!!
In the event you decide the sign and graphics industry is not right for you – please know that we service all types of business transactions. See our website at www.vrdallas.com for a complete listing of all of our offerings.