Buying a Sign Business
The need for businesses to get noticed through brand recognition and advertising has rapidly increased due to the steady growth of competitive services. The sign and graphics industry is primarily a B2B (business to business) service that according to the U.S. Census Bureau exceeds $11 BILLION annually, and that does not include the billions of dollars of revenue created in related business sectors such as display advertising services, graphic design and marketing consulting services.
As a result of the advanced technologies and market driven growth possibilities, the graphics and signage industry provides new career opportunities for those with little or no direct industry experience.
If you are looking to start a business that allows you to tap into your creative side, and work with a higher caliber business-to-business client base, then the sign and graphics industry might be an ideal fit for you.
The sign and graphics industry is a dynamic, fun, and creative field. The business allows you to control your future, be actively involved in your community, and provide needed solutions to business customers of all types. Sign products and services typically do one of three things; sell, inform, or direct. Companies in all industries and of every size will always need to sell, inform and direct their customers and/or employees. As a result, the sign and graphics industry is a robust, high growth industry that is positioned exceptionally well to withstand changes to the economy, world events, or corporate dynamics.
- Business-to-business hours, Monday – Friday
- Professional business clientele
- High Margin, needs based products
- Low staffing requirements
- Technology based, although not technically difficult to learn
- Mature and stable industry
- Become a respected and contributing member of your business community
- Exercise your creative ideas in helping customers to solve their marketing challenges
- Have the freedom and flexibility to enjoy a lifestyle outside of work
- Retail, industrial, or flex type locations all have success stories!
We have been involved with the sign and graphics industry since 1988 – let us find the right business for you!
See all of our current sign shops for sale!
Perhaps you are only interested in opening a brand new location, and want the support and expertise of a franchise to assist you! VR Business Brokers represents a number of franchise brands and will carefully help you assess which concept may work best for you.